Our Commitment to Accessibility

If you need immediate assistance, please call our customer service center at 1-800-344-9453. 

If you have a hearing impairment, or a speech disability, please dial 7-1-1 to access telecommunications relay services.

Access to facilities, programs, and activities offered to the public is available to everyone, including people with physical and mental disabilities. This includes information and services that we offer online as well as access to our facilities and programs and activities at refuges and hatcheries. We are continuously working to eliminate barriers and increase access. If you are a person with a disability and need alternative formats or services, or have any questions concerning a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Disability Program Manager or access the Department of Interior Reasonable Accommodation Policy, PB 21-03. 

Website content

Our websites are designed to meet the Revised Section 508 Standards. Section 508 is a federal law that requires agencies to provide people with disabilities equal access to Information Communications Technology comparable to that provided to people without disabilities.

For more information visit the Revised Section 508 standards.

Our facilities

The Architectural Barriers Act Accessibility Standards requires self-evaluations to identify and remove physical barriers to increase access to facilities, programs, and activities.

For more information visit the U.S. Access Board's Architectural Barriers Act website

Who do I contact?

The U.S. Access Board provides guidance and standards on the Architectural Barriers Act and Americans with Disabilities Act.  You have a right to file a complaint regarding access issues in federal facilities, programs, or activities. 

For additional information go to the Access Board website.

The U.S. Department of Justice works to achieve equal opportunity for people with disabilities by implementing the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Executive Order 12250.  You have a right to file a complaint alleging disability discrimination against State or local government regarding access to programs, facilities, or activities.  You may file a formal complaint with the Department of Justice.


U.S. Department of the Interior

Director, Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Civil Rights

Mail Stop 4353

1849 C Street N.W.

Washington, D.C. 20240

Send an email to